If you are looking for a truly revolutionary approach to improving the appearance of your skin, then consider Cosmetic Dermatology and Laser Dermatology. Dermatology Specialists can treat sun damage, scars and aging spots with laser dermatology techniques. These treatments send tiny laser rays to the problem areas, penetrating deep into the skin to stimulate the body’s own healing mechanisms. With time, new collagen will form, giving you a younger, healthier appearance.
Dermatology Specialists use a variety of laser devices:
1. The Fraxel re:store laser is a non-abrasive device that works on deep skin layers. It improves skin on the face, neck, hands and chest. Wrinkles, sun damage, melisma and scarring from acne will disappear with the use of this laser therapy. All skin types can use the Fraxel re:store laser with noticeable results in a series of three to six treatments. Redness and mild swelling may appear but vanish within a few days.
2. Another Cosmetic Dermatology treatment is the Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment. It is a series of non-invasive laser dermatology treatments that deliver short, gentle pulses to reduce color imperfections in the skin such as vascularity and pigmentation. Your overall skin tone and texture will be improved, giving you a more youthful appearance.
3. Photofacials are ideal for those who need quick skin repair or appearance maintenance. Photofacial treatments are gentle and safe with less downtime between appointments.
4. Q-switched Alexandrite (AlexTriVantage) laser targets the brownish tint of chronic sun exposure and age on your face, hands and chest. The laser flashes a spot-specific light onto the desired area, and breaks up the pigmentation. The body reabsorbs the pigment leaving the skin to progressively lighten. Q-switched lasers also remove tattoos with its high energy light of wavelengths. Depending on the patient, it will take a few treatment sessions to either substantially or completely lighten the area.
5. Pulsed Dye Laser, also known as the VBeam Perfecta Laser gives short, adjustable pulses to treat a wide variety of vascular skin conditions. These include birthmarks, scars, sun damage, spider angiomas, rosacea on the face, port wine stains and hemangiomas. A cooling spray is used during the cosmetic dermatology appointment to minimize discomfort during the use of high energy levels.
6. The GentleYAG laser can be used lighten or remove abnormal blood vessels which appear in the skin. The laser produces a beam of light that penetrates relatively deeply into the skin where leg spider veins are often found. Many patients use this cosmetic dermatology technique for spider veins that appear on the legs. This laser treatment is recommended for those whose blood vessels are too fine for a needle injection or are resistant to sclerotherapy. Most patients experience a warm sensation and blotchiness after their treatment. This can last for a few hours or for a few days.
7. The KTP laser, also known as the VersaPulse Laser, is best used for linear or branching vessels which appear on the face. These have a red or purple appearance, and the wavelength of the laser flashes on the skin to treat the area with heat. The color is absorbed by the body over the next few days or weeks. The KTP laser is known to be a very safe procedure with little to no discomfort or downtime.
We can help find the right Cosmetic Dermatology laser treatment for you, consult one of our network Dermatology Specialists today.